Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from an old cookbook called "Sunrise Cookbook" Have not tried this as of yet.
- 24 graham crackers, crumbled
- 5 tablespoons melted margarine
- 5 large bananas, sliced
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 1 cup milk
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1⁄4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- FOR CRUST:.
- In 9x13 inch pam, mix crumbs and margarine. Press to cover bottom of pan.
- FOR FILLING:.
- In large saucepan, heat milk and marshmallows. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Set aside to cool.
- When cooled, add remaining ingredients. Stir well.
- Pour into crust. Drizzle caramel topping on top.
- Chill until set.
I have to start out by saying that I messed this up. Instead of drizzeling the caramel on the top, I accidently mixed it in with the milk and marshmallow mix. It tstes great, it just doesn't look the way it should. I think this is similar in flavor to a banana cream pie. It's really good.