These are for all lovers of brownies, rocky road, marshmallows and even rice crispie squares...decadent heaven in a bar. It is different from a couple of other recipes in using real chocolate YAY :) and has even more chocolate chips..oh so good..jcomes from http://www.eatmedelicious.com where they give a tip for vegans since marshmallows have gelatin, use marshmallow fluff.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 5⁄8 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package mini marshmallows
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups Rice Krispies
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the chocolate, butter, and 3/4 cup of the semisweet chocolate chips on medium heat. Stir occasionally while melting. Set aside and cool for 5 minutes. In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, place the eggs and whisk thoroughly. Add in the sugar and vanilla. Stir the melted ingredients into the egg mixture, mixing well. Stir in the dry sifted ingredients and mix well. Fold in the remaining 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and even with a spatula. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the corner of the pan comes out with moist crumbs.
- Remove the brownies from the oven, and immediately sprinkle the marshmallows over them. Return the pan to the oven for 3 more minutes.
- While the brownies are baking, place the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter in a medium saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until melted. Remove from heat, add the cereal,and mix well. Allow this to cool for 3 minutes or so.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the marshmallow layer. Refrigerate until chilled before cutting. Makes 12 3×3-inch bars.
OH MY these are sinful LOL There is something wrong with the ingredient list that needs fixed. It says the butter is divided but it isn't in the directions . I do believe it should be the choc chips that say divided BUT I had to do some subbing . I thought I had chocolate chips but only had maybe 3/4 cup. So I subbed in squares of baking chocolate ( I weighed 1/2 cup of the chips to get ounces and just winged it to get about the same in chocolate squares) It worked for me LOL Then since it has been so humid my minis were stuck together so I used mostly a freshly bought bag of flavoured minis ( that worked ) Honestly think a square measuring 3x3 is to big. These are very rich so a much smaller square is great. They can be very tricky to get out of the pan . We cut the whole pan into quarters lifted a quarter out and placed on a cutting board to cut smaller squares. The brownie bottom is chewy and fudgy with the sweet gooey marshamllow layer and then followed by that heavenly choc/peanutbutter crispy layer. The top choclate layer can be a bit tricky to spread so make sure you drizzle it over all very well. Made for Everyday is a Holiday Tag