Recipe by Sonya01
The crunchy base will soon soften on storage so, to enjoy this tasty treat, eat within 1-2 days of baking. Times are approx as no times for cooling.
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 3 Weet-Bix, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup coconut
- 125 g butter, melted
- 2 -3 tablespoons jam
- 2 tablespoons coconut
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons gelatin (20g)
- 1⁄3 cup cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 drops pink food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, weetbix, sugar and coconut in a bowl, stir in melted butter, mix well.
- Press mixture firmly over base of 19cm x 29cm lamington pan.
- Bake at 180C for 20 mins, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven, cool.
- Spread jam evenly over base, spread marshmallow topping over jam, sprinkle with extra coconut.
- allow to set at room temperature for several hours.
- Cut into finger lengths to serve.
- Marshmallow Topping.
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in heat-proof bowl; stand over pan of simmering water (or microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds) until gelatin is dissolved.
- Combine sugar and hot water in pan; stir over heat without boiling until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in gelatin mixture into syrup, bring to boil.
- Boil, uncovered, for 15 minutes
- Remove from heat; move mixture to bowl cool to lukewarm.
- Add vanilla and colouring; beat with electric mixer for about 5 mins, or until mixture is thick and glossy.