1/3 Photos of Marshmallow Crisp (Microwave Rice Krispies Squares)
I can't believe I can't find this here, so I'm posting it. I make these all the time and have done so for a good 20 years. I think I got the recipe from the Rice Krispies box, but when I checked their current microwave recipe, it's not quite the same. These are always chewy and delicious -- and easy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If you want to use large marshmallows, the recipe says to use an entire 10-oz package, or 40 large marshmallows. I always use 4 cups of miniature marshmallows, however.
- 2You will need a buttered (I just use nonstick cooking spray though) oblong pan and a large casserole dish with a lid that can go into your microwave. If you use a 13x9 pan your squares will be very flat, so my personal preference is to use a smaller pan so I get thicker squares.
- 3Place butter in casserole dish and microwave until melted, about a minute or so on High.
- 4Add marshmallows, stir, and cover. Microwave on High for 2 minutes, remove and stir, then re-cover and microwave for about another minute or so, until marshmallows melt. Stir until well blended.
- 5Add cereal and stir until well coated. I use a wooden spoon.
- 6Transfer mixture into prepared pan. Wet your hands a bit under the tap, shake off excess water, then use your hands to flatten cereal mixture into the pan. Dampen hands again if mixture starts to stick.
- 7Set aside to cool and set up, then cut into squares. Keep covered tightly if you have leftovers.
- 8Variation: after you add cereal, you can also stir in one cup of chocolate chips or a chocolate candy like M&Ms.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marshmallow Crisp (Microwave Rice Krispies Squares)
Serving Size: 1 (481 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.5
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 141.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 1.2 g