Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is an old standard for yummy fruit dip. Recently I tried it to frost a basic white cake and it was so wonderful!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (13 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 2 -3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well-drained (optional)
- sliced fresh strawberries (optional)
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in marshmallow creme; mix until completely blended.
- Fold in cool whip, vanilla, and crushed pineapple (if using).
- Frost any kind of cake you want and top with slices of fresh strawberries (if using).
- Note: this probably makes enough for 2 cakes, depending on how heavily you frost the cake.
This is a delicious recipe, and easy, too. Thanks. I frosted a Classic White cake, then sprinkled coconut. Best cake ever! I kept in refrigerator until ready to eat!! Yum
This recipe deserves more than 5 stars. It is excellent. I do not care for rich, or overly sweet frostings (or desserts,) and have been looking for a long time for the perfect frosting. This is it. I used 8 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese 1/3 fat, 6 1/2 ounces Kraft Marshmallow Creme , 8 ounces Cool Whip Lite , and 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract. (I did not use the pineapple.) You could not detect that any low fat ingredients were used. It has the most delightfully unique flavor. I have frosted 36 cupcakes so far, and still have a little bit left. (I started out making 12 cupcakes, and had to make more twice . I was not going to waste it !) Cool Whip makes a chocolate flavor, and I'm going to try using that, the next time I need frosting. I frosted them, froze them, then wrapped them in plastic wrap individually, then put them back in the freezer. This may sound nuts, but I do believe that this would be very good in a graham or chocolate cookie crust like a cheesecake is made. Thank you for a wonderful recipe ! Karen P.S. I'm going to try your rice casserole; it sounds very good.