Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
No candy thermometer for this! ;-)
Top Review by txgammi
Hey Kittencal, this was terrific and got many compliments...even from a sis-in-law that doesn't care for fudge! (i noticed her munching on more than one piece..lol) I made a double batch for the holidays, and the only thing I changed was to use choc chips instead of the vanilla chips. It was even better a day or two later. Your recipe saved the day since I couldn't find my old one and sooo easy to make. Thanks, my friend!
- 1 (10 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups vanilla baking chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (any kind)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan combine marshmallow cream, sugar, evaporated milk, butter OR margarine and salt; bring to a full boil, stirring constantly, over medium heat.
- Boil for 5 minutes (this must be timed; start timing when mixture is at full boil).
- Remove from heat; add the vanilla chips and 1 tsp vanilla extract; stir rapidly until the vanilla chips are completely melted.
- Add in nuts.
- Pour into an 8" x 8" square baking pan lined with foil (make sure that the foil is overlapping sides of pan for easy removal).
- Chill in refrigerator until firm (about 2 hours).
- remove from fridge, lift out of pan by the ends of foil; remove foil, cut into small squares.