Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Light and fluffy!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 egg whites (room temperature)
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1 teaspoon almond extract
- In top of a double boiler combine the sugar, water and egg whites; cook over simmering water beating until soft peaks form.
- Add in the marshmallow cream; continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Remove from heat and beat in vanilla or almond extract.
I hate canned frostings! I mean, if you bake a cake from scratch, why skimp on the frosting? I had made 6 jumbo Hershey's chocolate cake cupcakes and wanted to go 'retro' with a boiled marshmallow frosting. I cut Kittencal's recipe in half and it was flawless and perfect! Light, fluffy, shiny..and shiny-happy faces on the family members who enjoyed them! If anyone is interested, this is the ratio for 1/2 the recipe: 1/2 cup marshmallow fluff/1 egg white/1/4 cup sugar/1/8 tsp Cream of Tartar/1/8 tsp salt/2 T. water/1/2 tsp. vanilla. Proceed with the remaining directions. I only had 1 tablespoon of frosting left and I count that as a success! I also discoverd that if you get the 1/2 cup measuring cup wet before filling it up, the fluff slides right out when you dump it into the pan. Thanks, Kitten, for another stellar recipe!
MMMMMM......Yummy...I use this as the filling in cupcakes and frostings for a variety of cakes....