Recipe by MommyMakes
Not too sweet, smooth and creamy instead of grainy and sugary. This frosting firms up in the fridge and doesn't melt if left at room temperature. Bonus is that once chilled it won't stick to plastic wrap so feel free to cover it without the fear of losing all the frosting! This only takes minutes if using pre-whipped cream cheese. This recipe will cover one 13x9 sheet cake or one prepared packaged cake mix.
- 1 (12 ounce) container whipped cream cheese or 1 (8 ounce) bar cream cheese, whipped
- 1 (7 ounce) container marshmallow creme
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine about 1/2 the marshmallow creme with the cream cheese in a bowl; mix thoroughly with a fork (or use beaters if not using pre-whipped cream cheese).
- Taste; continue adding remaining marshmallow creme a little at a time until the desired sweetness (we like to use about 3/4 of the jar).
- Mix thoroughly and spread over a cooled cake.
- Chill if desired.