Recipe by moms alternate endings
I was trying to simplify a Meringue Buttercream/Cream Cheese frosting recipe for a Carrot Cake that I make for my son's restaurant and decided to try a jar of Marshmallow Creme in place of the tedious job of making the meringue. It is wonderful and cuts the time in half. Like other Buttercreams, it doesn't hold up real well in hot weather, so you can refrigerate it.
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring butter and creme cheese to room temp (70*).
- Cut cream cheese and butter into chunks.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Place over a bowl of ice water if you need to chill it while starting to add the butter in pieces; beat until just blended and smooth.
- Gently stir in the jar of marshmallow creme.
- Frost your cake.
- You can successfully refrigerate this frosting until ready to use and after you've frosted the cake.
- Will cover:.
- 1 9 x 13.
- 2 10** Springforms.
- 3 9 x 2's.