Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This took top prize in a BH&G contest. And, of course it's my favorite because of the coffee!!
- 2 cups chocolate wafer cookies (about 35 oreo's)
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup chocolate fudge topping
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 0.5 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 quart coffee ice cream
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, grated (divided use)
- 1⁄3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- pecan halves (optional)
- In a medium bowl combine cookie crumbs and butter.
- Press into the bottom and about 1 1/2 inches up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan.
- Set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine hot fudge topping and coffee crystals.
- Heat and stir until smooth.
- Cool slightly.
- Spread fudge topping over the crumb mix in the springform pan.
- In a large bowl fold marshmallow creme into cool-whip until combined.
- Set aside.
- In a chilled large bowl, stir ice cream with a wooden spoon until softened.
- Fold in whipped topping mixture.
- spoon into crust.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans and half of the grated chocolate.
- Cover and freeze for 6 hours or until firm.
- Before serving, let stand at room temperature 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with caramel topping and sprinkle with remaining grated chocolate.
- If desired garnish with pecan halves.
Wowsa!! This was an awesome dessert! I used 35 cookies which was more than 2 cups but it was definitely just right for the butter. I made these delicious homemade sauces to go in it: Recipe #211262 and Recipe #78088. I used Starbucks java chip ice cream. This could be altered with a variety of different ice creams, toppings, and crusts. Ooooohh! I'm just thinking of all the possibilities! Absolutely delish dessert!! :D