Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
After eating a cinnamon granola bar, I thought I would try putting cinnamon in my Rice Krispies bars. My family loved the addition.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 5 1⁄2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 1⁄2 cups Rice Krispies
- Butter a 13 x 9 inch baking pan and set aside.
- In large pan, over low heat, melt butter or margarine.
- Add the marshmallows and stir over low heat until marshmallows are melted.
- Add vanilla and cinnamon and mix well to blend.
- Add Rice Krispies cereal and stir to cover with marshmallow mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan and press with buttered hands.
- Allow to cool about 30 minutes before cutting.
- Store covered in air tight container.
- Feel free to increase cinnamon if desired. I used 3/4 teaspoon, but next time I may increase.
Wow! These ARE good! Adding to my ever-growing list of different Krispy treats. My kid suggested - and I may try next time - drizzing them with some melted chocolate. Thanks!
I have never made rice krispie bars before, and this recipe was among the first that showed up when I did a search for recipes. I needed them to go along with tacos that were being served at work, so I thought the cinnamon would be a perfect addition. I followed the recipe exactly as written, and next time I wonâ€™t change a thing. They were a HUGE hit, and after only 15 minutes almost a whole pan of bars had disappeared! Everyone was asking who made them and commented on how great they were. Even my picky boyfriend, who was home while I was making these and who isn't a fan of cinnamon, had to admit that they are very tasty. I'd recommend these as a simple and quick treat for any pot luck if you don't want to have anything left over at the end!!