Recipe by Margo59
After eating a cinnamon granola bar, I thought I would try putting cinnamon in my Rice Krispies bars. My family loved the addition.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 5 1⁄2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 1⁄2 cups Rice Krispies
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a 13 x 9 inch baking pan and set aside.
- In large pan, over low heat, melt butter or margarine.
- Add the marshmallows and stir over low heat until marshmallows are melted.
- Add vanilla and cinnamon and mix well to blend.
- Add Rice Krispies cereal and stir to cover with marshmallow mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan and press with buttered hands.
- Allow to cool about 30 minutes before cutting.
- Store covered in air tight container.
- Feel free to increase cinnamon if desired. I used 3/4 teaspoon, but next time I may increase.