Recipe by Tisme
I used to make these at Christmas, now my DD has taken over and she makes them now. So quick and easy and a great recipe for the kids to make for Christmas. I never used measurements or directions so I am hoping you will understand these directions, and I have never counted what amount I get from the packet of marshmallows either, so I will estimate the amount. Larger size marshmallows are needed and I chop red snake lollies for the cherries and slice green jubes for the leaves, but it will not be accepted in the ingredients so I will just put glace cherries and you can decide.
- 30 large marshmallows
- 150 g dark cooking chocolate
- 30 g Copha
- 50 g white chocolate
- 2 glace cherries, chopped
- 4 glace cherries, cut into strips
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cooking chocolate with copha in a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat on medium power for 2-3 minutes, stirring often until mixture is melted.
- Stir well until mixture is smooth --
- N.B. careful to not overcook chocolate as chocolate will go hard. (otherwise melt chocolate and copha in bowl over boiling water).
- Press a skewer or fondue fork into the base of a marshmallow and dip each marshmallow in melted cooking chocolate, gently tap skewer on side of bowl to allow any excess chocolate to drip off. Remove marchmallow from skewer and place on foil to set.
- Melt white chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave oven (medium power) for 1-2 minutes until melted.
- Using a paper piping bag, pipe some chocolate onto the top of each marshmallow and drizzle it to look like custard on top and sides.
- Place a few red snakes on top to look like cherries and a 2 green jubes slices for leaves.