Recipe by * Pamela *
I received this recipe from my Christmas Bake Exchange. These are delicious and add a really special touch to any Christmas platter
Top Review by cookingpompom
Holy cow these are great!!! I made as written and made as dessert to my family of 6 and 6 teenagers. My pan made 20 generous slices and all are now gone. My husband and children are upset there is none left for tomorrow. Looks like I am baking them again, perhaps even again tomorrow. I wish I were apart of your Christmas bake exchange!! Thanks Pamela for posting the recipe.
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sifted cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup peanuts
- 1⁄3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal (Rice Krispies)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bottom Layer: Cream butter and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and beat well.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl and add to butter mixture.
- Beat on low until just moistened.
- Stir in peanuts.
- Spread evenly into a greased 9 X 13 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until edges start to pull away from the side and a wooden toothepick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven.
- Middle Layer:Spoon dabs of peanut butter over bottom layer.
- Let stand for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Carefully spread a thin layer.
- Arrange marshmallows evenly over peanut butter.
- Bake for about 4 minutes or until marshmallows are slightly puffed.
- Remove from oven.
- Pat marshmallows down to and even layer with a greased spatula.
- Cool for 15 minutes, until the marshmallows are firm and not sticky.
- Top Layer: Heat butter and peanut butter in a large saucepan until melted.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Heat and stir until smooth.
- Add cereal.
- Stir until coated, pour over middle layer, and spread evenly.
- Chill for about and hour until set.