Recipe by Barb G.
This is my Daughter-in-laws; who is my Best Friend, recipe. I have been making it for years. (My son & Marsha have been married for 32 years) It is a family favorite, I have taken it to family get togethers, Block Party etc. There is never any left. People ask for the recipe. We really don't have a recipe, We just make it. Hope you enjoy it.
Top Review by Pets'R'us
Barbara and Marsha, thank you for a different and tasty zucchini dish. Followed the recipe as given but did drain some zucchini liquid after mashing them.It also reheated very well in the microwave.
- 6 cups zucchini, sliced, steamed and mashed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheese (monterey jack or cheddar, shredded or sliced, (or more)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake 350°F oven.
- Butter 9x13-inch casserole pan.
- Steam or cook zucchini; drain and mash.
- Sauté onions, garlic & mushrooms in olive oil; add to zucchini.
- Add beaten eggs, bread crumbs and cheese to zucchini, onion, mushroom, garlic mixture.
- Pour into buttered casserole pan.
- Bake until set, 30 minutes or so.