My friend Marsha has made pizza every Friday night for many years. This healthy whole wheat version is delicious. Add any other toppings you like to this basic version.
- Mix dough ingredients together.
- Let rise until doubled.
- Heat pizza stones at 500 degrees.
- Roll out dough and let rise again, about 10 minutes.
- Take stones out of the oven, smooth on the dough.
- Put on a little olive oil, fresh chopped tomatoes, mozzarella, S&P, oregano, parsley Cook in 500 degree oven for 12-15 minutes.
AWESOME pizza crust! The smell of this rising in the kitchen nearly drove me to a topping frenzy. I mixed it up the night before, took it out of the frig next morning and let it rise all day. This made four 12" crusts, so I was able to put 2 disks of dough in the freezer. We like our crust thin and crisp, so if you prefer thick and soft, you'll get fewer crusts from the recipe. I used PetitFour's Potato, Onion and Rosemary Pizza recipe for the topping. For those who are new to the process, I used 1/4 cup water and a pinch of sugar to dissolve the yeast and somewhere around 2 1/4 - 2 1/2 additional cups of water for the dough. What is truly awesome, is that this delicious pizza is much healthier than most.
wow, I didn't know it was so easy!! great recipe. Thank you.
So good ! Thank you very much, my ChÃ©ri loved it !