Recipe by Marsha D.
We love corn many different ways but one of our favorite ways is homemade cream style corn. I am always asked how do I make my cream corn so I thought I would share my way.
Top Review by shortstuff
I used this recipe in place of canned cream corn in 'Mexican Cornbread #57131" so I didn't add in the extra seasonings. The base recipe turned out perfect!! Nice & thick! I will be using this again!! Thanks!!!!
- 15 ounces whole kernel corn (fresh or frozen also can be used)
- 2 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cube chicken bouillon cube, crushed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 dash of crushed red pepper seasoning (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain a can of whole kernel corn and place in a saucepan on the stove. Heat on medium to high heat.
- Sprinkle flour and chicken bouillon over corn and stir well.
- Turn heat up and add milk,whipping cream, salt and pepper and a dash of red pepper. Stir well.
- Bring to a boil stirring constantly til flour thickens in milk.
- Serve and enjoy!