Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
We love corn many different ways but one of our favorite ways is homemade cream style corn. I am always asked how do I make my cream corn so I thought I would share my way.
- 15 ounces whole kernel corn (fresh or frozen also can be used)
- 2 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cube chicken bouillon cube, crushed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 dash of crushed red pepper seasoning (optional)
- Drain a can of whole kernel corn and place in a saucepan on the stove. Heat on medium to high heat.
- Sprinkle flour and chicken bouillon over corn and stir well.
- Turn heat up and add milk,whipping cream, salt and pepper and a dash of red pepper. Stir well.
- Bring to a boil stirring constantly til flour thickens in milk.
- Serve and enjoy!
I used this recipe in place of canned cream corn in 'Mexican Cornbread #57131" so I didn't add in the extra seasonings. The base recipe turned out perfect!! Nice & thick! I will be using this again!! Thanks!!!!
OUT OF THIS WORLD-TO DIE FOR! You will make this corn and then YOU WILL NEVER EVER buy another can of cream style corn from your grocer! I can't explain it nor should I have too. Your taste buds will thank you. I didn't change a thing in the recipe. It is perfect the way it is! Thank you Marsha for sharing!
I used a bag of frozen corn. I was skeptical because I noticed there was no sugar in this recipe. Creamed corn is usually sweet (at least in the south it is)plus my grandmother use to add a wee bit of sugar to her recipe. When I tasted it I was completely surprised. It tasted sweet but not overly. This recipe will be used again and again. Thank you so much for something so simple and satisfying.