Recipe by Marsha D.
This is a recipe that I made from several recipes put together that I have or have had. I just used up some ingredients that I had on hand. Nothing better than making something from scratch!! :)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb Italian sausage (I use Seasoning for Ground Pork (Italian-Style Sausage))
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup Mexican chili powder
- 2 tablespoons self rising flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes (I used Hunt's)
- 2 cups small kidney beans, cooked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Accent seasoning (optional)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, fry up Italian sausage (if you using recipe#178446 add spices now and stir well to combine) add hamburger and brown until no longer pink. Drain well.
- Add meat back to saucepan pan and add onion and green pepper. Saute together well.
- Add flour, chili powder,sugar, oregano, salt, accent(opt) black pepper. Blend well.
- Add diced tomatoes and kidney beans, stir well to combine.
- Cover pot and let simmer 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Longer it simmers the better it gets.
- Serve on hot dogs or just as a bowl of chili with garlic bread and some cheese.