Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I was cleaning out my pantry and had some baked beans I needed to use up and I also had a few other things in the ref. that I needed to use too, so I came up with this recipe and my husband just LOVED it :)
- 28 ounces of bush's original baked beans
- 1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1⁄3 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped green bell peppers
- 1 -2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- brown sugar (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350'.
- In a frying pan fry hamburger and Italian sausage together. Fry til no longer pink in color. Drain
- In a large bowl combine remaining ingredients together and add the meat.
- Stir all together.
- Spray a 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray ( I use Pam)
- Add mixture into baking dish.
- Sprinkle with more brown sugar over top and bake 20 to 30 minutes. Until bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let cool down before serving.
These were so good. I omitted the pineapple juice as I didn't have any on hand and eyeballed the amounts of the other ingredients. Despite my loose interpretation of the recipe, the beans were still special.