Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is one of my Daughter-in-laws recipes. we have been making & enjoying it for years. I don't know where she got the recipe. Easy to make , easy to double.
- 6 pork chops
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 cups long-grain rice
- 2 cans chicken broth
- Put rice into casserole dish.
- Salt and pepper pork chops,flour.
- Add oil to skillet.
- Brown pork chops.
- Remove pork chops to casserole dish.
- Saute onions& mushrooms.
- Add to pork chops.
- Pour chicken broth over rice& pork chops.
- Bake 350 for 1 hour or until rice is done,you can add more broth or water if needed.
This was a recipe that I tagged a while back but forgot to submit the review. I apologize! This was okay but I think my southern tastebuds found them a tad bland. Maybe if I were to add a little more seasonings besides the salt and pepper? For alot of people, it may be exactly what they are looking for but I was left wanting a little more. Sorry!