Recipe by Marsha D.
In my years of cooking, I have messed around with my own ideas of stuffing. I found that this stuffing is the best I have made. Sometimes I add cooked mild sausage crumbs to my stuffing mix and it gives it somewhat more flavor. I always have request for this homemade stuffing around the holidays. So here is my recipe for Holiday Stuffing! Enjoy!
- 1 (16 ounce) pepperidge farms herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 (14 ounce) Swanson chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons beau monde seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Accent seasoning or 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325'.
- Spray a 13x9 baking dish with Pam.
- In a large sauce pan bring chicken broth,water,and chicken bouillon cubes to a boil.
- Add butter,celery,mushrooms and onion and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add black pepper,beau monde seasoning,pourlty seasoning,basil, and Accent (or salt), stir in well.
- Remove from heat and add herb stuffing crumbs. Stir well.
- Add egg and whipping cream and blend in well.
- Pour in greased baking dish and bake for 30 minutes or until fork insert comes out clean. (You don't want to over bake though).
- NOTE: If adding sausage (or other meats), Mix it in before you place the stuffing in baking dish. If stuffing mixture is to dry add more whipping cream, or if to much liquid add more herb crumbs.