Recipe by ms. muffet
Closest I have been able to come to Golden Corral Rolls. Everyone requests these all the time.
Top Review by bullwinkle
I don't eat at Golden Corral very often but we all thought this tasted like their dinner rolls. The recipe didn't say went to add the egg so I just added it in before I added the first flour. I will make this again. Thanks ms. muffet. Bullwinkle
- 2 envelopes active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 4 1⁄2-5 cups flour
- melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix warm water, yeast, sugar and salt in large bowl.
- Warm milk and butter in microwave until warm and butter is melted.
- Add milk and butter mixture to yeast mixture.
- Make sure it is not to hot!
- Let sit for about ten minutes.
- Beat in two cups of flour until mixture is smooth.
- Then add remaining flour to get a soft dough, just until it leaves the sides of the bowl.
- Use remaining flour to dust countertop and knead dough until smooth.
- Place smooth top down in bowl lightly coated with oil then turn over and make sure dough is covered in oil.
- Let rise in warm place until doubled.
- Punch down.
- Form dough into balls a little larger than golf balls.
- Place on greased cookie sheet barely touching.
- Cover and let rise until doubled.
- Brush tops with melted butter and put in oven for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush with butter again after you take them out.