Recipe by Pikake21
This is Linda Waddy's recipe from allrecipes.com. I absolutely have to try this, and am keeping it here for safe keeping!
- 1⁄3 cup shredded coconut
- 1 recipe 9" pastry pie shell
- 2 cups coarsely chopped raw macadamia nuts
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons cream of coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Press coconut into bottom and sides of unbaked pie shell.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, corn syrup, sugar, vanilla, and salt until well blended. Fold in macadamia nuts. Pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C), and continue baking until top is brown, and filling is set; this will take about 30 more minutes. Let pie cool.
- To make Topping: In a chilled bowl, whip cream to soft peaks. Gradually pour in cream of coconut while whipping just until cream of coconut is fully incorporated. Slice pie into wedges and serve, passing coconut cream separately.