Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I used to love getting this salad at Dayton's in Minneapolis. Had the recipe for 10 years, and then seem to have misplaced it in a move. Luckily, the Marhsall Field's people came through for me, and I'm posting it here for safe-keeping. It IS delicious! Many have asked me for the recipe!
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 lb turkey breast, julienne or bite size
- 1⁄4 lb green onion
- 1⁄4 lb carrot, julienne,lightly steamed
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄8 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄8 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook the pasta to al dente in salted boiling water.
- Drain, rinse and cool.
- Combine the pasta, turkey, green onions, carrots and sesame seeds in a large bowl.
- In a sauce pan, combine the soy sauce, oil, vinegar, peanut butter, sugar, ginger and red pepper flakes.
- Heat the mixture til just about to boil, stirring to make sure the peanut butter is completely melted.
- Pour the cooled dressing over the salad and toss well to combine.
- Taste for seasoning, chill or serve at room temperature.
- Garnish with sliced green onions if desired.
- Packs well.
Delicious! Fantastic Salad! Made a huge portion. Would be great to share but it's so tasty I couldn't. Thanks for sharing.
Fantastic Salad!! We loooooved it. I think next time I would only use a 1/2 cup of lite soy sauce though. I used 3/4 cup of regular soy sauce and found it a bit salty. I added a 1/4 cup of water to tone the salt down. Other than that...the recipe was great!! Oh....and I used chicken breast instead of turkey. It's what I had on hand. Will be making again for sure!!!!!! Can't wait to take it to a party. Thanks for the recipe.
LOVE this salad! Only thing is I don't love it with the turkey. I think it gets too mushy when refrigerated. Sub chicken instead. Also really like a lot of snow peas- delicious!