Recipe by Marz
From Chicago Tribune Good Eating section. This summery salad is packed with basil. And yes, it is 1/4 cup dried basil! Wow now that is a lot!
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 2 lemons, zest of, grated
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup dried basil (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, combine the lemon zest, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
- Drain pasta and transfer to a large bowl. Pour lemon oil mixture over warm pasta. Toss cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Stir in the tomatoes, fresh basil, cheese and dried basil. Cover and refrigerate for an additional hour.