Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are a soft cakelike muffins with a crunchy and spicy topping.
Make and share this Marshall Field's Cinnamon Crunch Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 7 tablespoons butter, softened
- 7 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 2 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 13 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 1⁄3 cups chopped pecans
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1⁄4 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and margarine.
- Add the sugar and cream until fluffy; blend in the eggs.
- In a bowl combine the sour cream and baking soda; set aside.
- Sift the flour, salt, baking powder, and nutmeg together.
- Add the flour mixture and sour cream mixture alternately to the sugar mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Do not overmix.
- Fold in 2 3/4 cups of the Cinnamon Crunch.
- Spoon the batter into paper-lined muffin tins, filling the a little over half full.
- Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with the remaining Cinnamon Crunch.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown.
- Cinnamon Crunch-----------------.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, work the ingredients with a pastry blender (or in a food processor) until it resembles a coarse streusel mix.
- Spread it on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand for several hours or overnight to dry.
- Break it into chunks and store in an airtight container.
These are very good. Lengthy recipe, but worth the time. Will make again.