Recipe by Sharlene~W
Love the combination of flavors and textures in this savoury salad. Delicious also as a sandwich (leaving out the grapes). Try it cold or a yummy hot variation: on one slice of sweet, whole-grain bread, spread 1/2 cup of chicken salad and put under broiler until heated, but not bubbly; top with 3 slices of bacon and 1 slice of provolone cheese. Return to broiler until cheese is melted. Yum!
Top Review by Kristy D.
I thought that this was a very good classic chicken salad recipe. I made sandwiches with it and served it on Hawaiian rolls and the sweetness really complemented the bold flavors of the dijon mustard and onions. I left out the nuts and grapes as I didn't have any on hand, but it was still great. Thanks for sharing.
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml white pepper
- 12.32 ml lemon juice
- 354.88 ml shredded boneless skinless chicken breasts (cooked(see note below)
- 118.29 ml celery, finely chopped
- 29.58 ml green onions, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml pecans, toasted and chopped
- 59.14 ml thompson seedless grapes, halved (optional)
- lettuce leaf, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all dressing ingredients together in large bowl.
- Add chicken, green onion, pecans, and grapes if you are using them. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on plates and top each with a scoop of salad.
- Chef's Note: Cook up your chicken breast nice and tender by poaching or boiling. I shred my chicken the easy way using the plastic blade in my food processor and just giving it a few short pulses.