Love the combination of flavors and textures in this savoury salad. Delicious also as a sandwich (leaving out the grapes). Try it cold or a yummy hot variation: on one slice of sweet, whole-grain bread, spread 1/2 cup of chicken salad and put under broiler until heated, but not bubbly; top with 3 slices of bacon and 1 slice of provolone cheese. Return to broiler until cheese is melted. Yum!
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded boneless skinless chicken breasts (cooked(see note below)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup thompson seedless grapes, halved (optional)
- lettuce leaf, for serving
- Mix all dressing ingredients together in large bowl.
- Add chicken, green onion, pecans, and grapes if you are using them. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on plates and top each with a scoop of salad.
- Chef's Note: Cook up your chicken breast nice and tender by poaching or boiling. I shred my chicken the easy way using the plastic blade in my food processor and just giving it a few short pulses.