Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Vanilla-infused ricotta cheese is the perfect foil for saucy poached figs. From Eating Well Magazine. I can't wait to try this! NUTRITION INFORMATION: Per serving: 259 calories; 7 g fat (3 g sat, 3 g mono); 19 mg cholesterol; 45 g carbohydrate; 9 g protein; 5 g fiber; 86 mg sodium; 444 mg potassium.
- 1⁄2 cup quartered dried fig
- 1⁄4 cup marsala or 1⁄4 cup port wine
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon toasted slivered almonds
- Place figs, Marsala (or port) and honey in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until the figs soften and the wine is syrupy.
- Stir together ricotta, sugar and vanilla.
- Divide between 2 bowls and top with the fig mixture and almonds.