Recipe by hlkljgk
This is a vegetarian combination of mushrooms on toast and marsala sauce. It a wonderful, earthy dish for a simple fall dinner.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 ounces mushrooms, sliced (I use baby portabellas, but crimini, button or a combination would work well, too.)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine
- 1⁄4 cup cream sherry
- salt and pepper (I use a 1/4 tsp of each.)
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted and cut in half into triangles
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oil and butter in a saute pan over medium heat.
- add garlic and saute for a few minutes.
- add mushrooms and saute until tender, about 5-8 minutes.
- add oregano, stir.
- add marsala and sherry and let simmer for another 3 minutes.
- add salt and pepper to taste.
- serve over toast points.