Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe was created simply because my garden was overflowing with leeks and I needed to use up some baby portabellas. We served it over grilled chicken breasts, but it would go well with any type of meat--or maybe even a pasta sauce!! Enjoy.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add leeks and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add portabellas and saute another 5-10 minutes, stirring ocassionally.
- Add garlic and saute for 3 minutes, then add wine and broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let mixture simmer for 30 minutes to reduce down.
- Optional: mix 1/4 cup of the liquid with 1 teaspoon corn starch and return to skillet to thicken sauce.
- Enjoy over meat or pasta.
These are just delicious! I opted for the cornstarch. There was so much flavor! This would be really good for a low-sodium diet. Thank you so much!