Recipe by Zetty66
This recipe was created simply because my garden was overflowing with leeks and I needed to use up some baby portabellas. We served it over grilled chicken breasts, but it would go well with any type of meat--or maybe even a pasta sauce!! Enjoy.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup leek, chopped
- 8 ounces baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup marsala wine
- 2 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add leeks and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add portabellas and saute another 5-10 minutes, stirring ocassionally.
- Add garlic and saute for 3 minutes, then add wine and broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let mixture simmer for 30 minutes to reduce down.
- Optional: mix 1/4 cup of the liquid with 1 teaspoon corn starch and return to skillet to thicken sauce.
- Enjoy over meat or pasta.