Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Cooking Light Nov 06
- 295.73 ml sweet marsala wine or 295.73 ml madeira wine
- 118.29 ml packed brown sugar
- 14.79 ml ground coriander
- 2.46 ml ground allspice
- 4535.92 g ham, half
- 20 whole cloves
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until Marsala mixture is reduced to 2/3 cup (about 8 minutes). Remove from heat.
- Trim fat and rind from ham. Score outside of ham in a diamond pattern; stud with cloves. Place ham on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Brush ham with 1/4 cup Marsala mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Baste with 1/4 cup Marsala mixture; bake an additional 1 1/2 hours or until thermometer registers 140°.
- Baste with remaining Marsala mixture, and bake an additional 10 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand 15 minutes before slicing.