1/1 Photo of Marsala Glazed Carrots With Pinenuts (Gluten Free)
Chef Travis W Holland's Note:
This is a great side dish for a party or to serve with your entree's. It's great for people that are Vegan and/ or on a Gluten Free Diet
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Spread Pine nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring once or twice, and watching very carefully as they will burn very easily. Remove from the oven when browned and fragrant.
- 3Cut baby carrots in half cross-wise. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water, carrots, salt, and 1 tablespoon of Earth Balance Butter. Bring to a boil, and reduce heat to low. Cover, and simmer very lightly for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender but firm. Drain and set aside.
- 4Return pan to the stove over medium heat, and melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of Earth Balance Butter. Cook shallots in the melted butter, stirring occasionally, until translucent. Add Marsala and Agave, and stir continually until it is completely dissolved. Continue simmering until sauce has thickened slightly.
- 5Once thickened, toss carrots and toasted pine nuts with the sauce until well coated. Garnish with parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.
- 6By: Chef Travis W. Holland.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marsala Glazed Carrots With Pinenuts (Gluten Free)
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.5
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 256.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: