Recipe by Hunkle
This is sort of like a stroganoff but it’s different enough that I’m not sure it still qualifies, It has Marsala wine instead of the usual worchester sauce and/or ketchup. My husband prefers this to other stroganoff recipes. I hope you like it too.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb sirloin tip roast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup marsala wine
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (12 ounce) package wide egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- On high heat, quick sauté the shallots in butter for just a few seconds.
- Salt and pepper the beef. Then sear the beef in the same pan until just browned but not cooked through. (the remaining cooking time will finish cooking the meat)
- Add the mushrooms and sauté until they begin to release their juices.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and add the Marsala wine. Cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the tabasco sauce (optional), paprika, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, salt and pepper. Mix well, cover and simmer another 2 minutes.
- Serve over wide egg noodles cooked to package instructions.