Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious, quick and easy dinner. You can use veal instead of chicken. While simmering, cook up some pasta, steam some veggies and make a salad for a complete meal.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sliced mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Mix flour and herbs.
- Cut chicken horizontally (or pound thin) I find it easier to cut it horizontally.
- Dredge chicken in flour and herbs.
- Heat oil and butter until it sizzles.
- Saute chicken on both sides until lightly browned, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Add muchrooms to pan.
- Saute muchrooms about 4-5 minutes.
- Add chicken back to pan.
- Add wine.
- Cover skillet, simmer on low for about 10 minutes.
This recipe is great, I doubled the sauce and added a tbls of corn starch with a ladel of the liquid mixed and then added to thicken. This recipe is a winner!
Very quick and easy and very tasty I really liked the oregano and the wine combination. I added a few more fresh mushrooms and served with rice. This is a make again, thanks for sharing this recipe. Made for the "cooking with spirits" cooking challenge in the photo forum.