Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From Martha Stewart Living. April 2001.
- 5 ounces gingersnaps, broken into pieces
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons marsala
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 3 navel oranges
- Place gingersnaps in food processor and pulse until finely ground. Transfer to a bowl, add melted butter, and stir until well combined. Transfer to an 8 inch tart pan with a removeable bottom, and press into bottom and up sides to form an even crust. Place in freezer.
- Mix cream cheese and sugar in an electric mixer with paddle attachment; beat until fluffy. Add Marsala and vanilla, and beat until combined. Whip heavy cream to stiff peaks and fold into cream cheese mixture. Spoon mixture into prepared crust; return to freezer at leat 1 hour 15 minutes or unti firm.
- Cut ends off oranges, remove peel and pith, and outer membranes following the curve of the fruit with a paring knife. Lift sections away from inner membranes; reserve sections.
- Serve cheesecake garnished with orange sections.