Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Posted by request
Make and share this Marsala Baked Peach Brûlée recipe from Food.com.
- 2 ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- 1⁄4 cup marsala
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 3 tablespoons superfine sugar, to finish
- 8 medium egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup superfine sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- Thinly slice peaches and put them in a saucepan with the Marsala and 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Cover and cook, gently for 5 minutes until tender, then leave to cool.
- Use a fork to mix together the egg yolks and ¼ cup sugar in a bowl; pour the cream into a saucepan, then bring almost to a boil; gradually stir it into the egg mixture.
- Add the mascarpone in a bowl, pour in the cooking liquid from the peaches, and beat together.
- Gradually strain in the warm custard and whisk until smooth.
- Arrange 6 (3/4 cup) heatproof ramekins in a roasting pan.
- Pour the custard into the dishes, and then pour warm water into the roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the dishes.
- Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 20-25 minutes until set with a slight softness at the center.
- Leave the dishes to cool in the water, and then chill in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
- About 20-30 minutes before serving, arrange the peach slices over the tops of the desserts.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 3 tablespoons sugar and caramelize with a blowtorch.
- Leave at room temperature until ready to serve.