I have been making ever since my son was small and even though my son is all grown up now they are still requested --- these bars are best if eaten the same day.
- 4 regular-size Mars bars
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- chopped nuts (optional)
- Melt butter and Mars bars over med-low heat in a large saucepan until smooth.
- Remove from heat; stir in Rice Krispies cereal, and nuts, (if using).
- Press into a greased 8x8 pan.
- Top with chocolate chips, and place under broiler for 30 seconds Remove from oven and spread chocolate evenly over squares.
- Store in fridge.
- Cut into squares, and serve.
These are a delcious change of pace from your normal rice krispie bars and what a genius idea to use Mars Candy bars as an addition. I did end up having to use 4 cups of the ricekrispies, but once these hardened up I think I could have went with three. They were a bit crumbly. Great tasting~
Made for RecipeTag at KK's.
I am giving 5 stars although I adapted the recipe to suit my family's tastes... I melted the chocolate and butter and mixed with the rice krispies however it seemed like too much chocolate mixture... I ended up using 4 cups of cereal. I also left out the nuts (allergy) and I chose to forgo the choc chips on top... It did take a while for the mars bars to melt but overall this was a very easy and very delicious recipe... I have made it twice this week :) Thanks for sharing!
As I was making this, I was doubting that it could work. I was pleasantly surprised, however, when they came out delicious! I couldn't find Mars bars at my grocery store, so I just used Milky Ways. Next time I'm going to try it with Snickers! Thanks for the recipe.