I have been making ever since my son was small and even though my son is all grown up now they are still requested --- these bars are best if eaten the same day.
- 4 regular-size Mars bars
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- chopped nuts (optional)
- Melt butter and Mars bars over med-low heat in a large saucepan until smooth.
- Remove from heat; stir in Rice Krispies cereal, and nuts, (if using).
- Press into a greased 8x8 pan.
- Top with chocolate chips, and place under broiler for 30 seconds Remove from oven and spread chocolate evenly over squares.
- Store in fridge.
- Cut into squares, and serve.