Cook1 hr 5 mins
If you're up for a good choc-fest, then this could well be the cake for you! You could also bake cupcakes for a quick-to-grab treat for morning tea. Source: Super Food Ideas
- Preheat oven to 160°C
- Grease a 4cm-deep, 22.5cm x 28cm (base) slab pan. Line with baking paper, allowing 2cm overhang at both long ends.
- Combine butter and dark chocolate in a large, heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on MEDIUM-HIGH for 3 to 4 minutes (stirring every minute with a metal spoon) or until almost melted.
- Add cocoa and whisk until smooth.
- Add sugar and mix well. Add one third of the egg and stir to combine. Repeat process with egg in 2 batches.
- Sift flour over chocolate mixture. Stir gently until just combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle Mars Bars over batter and press in slightly.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre has moist crumbs clinging.
- Cool completely in pan.
- Cut into squares. Serve with cream.