Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is being posted for the sweet tooths out there. It comes from a Table Magazine and I have not tried it. It is a no bake cheesecake. Chilling time 3 hrs 30 minutes.
- 250 g plain chocolate biscuits
- 150 g butter, melted plus and extra
- 20 g butter
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 50 g milk chocolate, chopped finely
- 3 teaspoons gelatin
- 60 ml boiling water
- 2 (250 g) packetssoftened cream cheese
- 110 g caster sugar
- 3 (60 g) Mars bars, finely chopped
- Process biscuits in a food processor until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs, then add the melted butter and process until combined.
- Press biscuit mixture firmly over the base and side of a round (20cm) springform cake pan.
- Shill for 30mins or until firm.
- Meanwhile, combine 2 tablespoons cream, brown sugar and extra butter in a small saucepan.
- Stir on low heat for 3-4 minutes, until the sugar dissolves.
- Set aside.
- In a separate saucepan melt the chocolate with 2 tablespoons cream on low heat stirring until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Dissolve gelatin by whisking into water with a fork until dissolved.
- Cool slightly set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and caster sugar together in a bowl until smooth.
- In another bowl whisk remaining cream until soft peaks form.
- Stir gelatin mixture into cheese mixture with Mars bars.
- Fold in cream.
- Pour half of cheese mixture into prepared pan and drizzle with half of the caramel and chocolate sauces.
- Pull a skewer backwards and forwards through the mixture several times to create a marbled effect.
- Repeat process with remaining cheese mixture and sauces.
- Cover and chill for 3 hours until set.
- Slice to serve.
Just whipped up 4 of these for Christmas Day and Boxing Day (yes, we are having a couple of big family get togethers on those days.) Two of them I used Snickers, instead of Mars Bars. Reckon I'll try some other chocolate bars another time. So easy to make. It's been a popular dessert every time I've made it.
I have never made a cheese cake before and this was the easiest. I was servicing it up to some pretty tough critics but it passed with flying colours. Possibly a little involved but not difficult. Very light and creamy I loved it. Was not sickly at all.
Hubby and I made this together. First cheesecake we've ever made and as I'm still a 'learner' cook I found it a bit of a challenge but the end result was so worth it! Very yummy. Photos coming soon.