1/2 Photos of Marrowfat Pea Soup (Potage Saint-Germain)
Marrowfat peas can be purchased online or in a specialty store. Swirl a little sourcream or yogurt on the top of each serving. Found this recipe online.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean the leeks, removing the tough, dark parts and discard. Chop the leeks and place in a large saucepan with the drained marrowfat peas, lettuce and spinach leaves, chervil, half the butter, salt, sugar, and one-cup of cold water.
- 2Bring to a boil, then lower the heat, cover, and simmer for 40-minutes.
- 3Lightly blend, process or stick blender the contents of the pan (I leave some texture).
- 4Add the remaining 3-cups of water, and stir until it comes to a boil. Remove from heat.
- 5Heat the green peas in a small saucepan for a minute or two.
- 6Add the remaining butter and the heated green peas to the marrowfat peas.
- 7To serve, garnish with a swirl of yogurt and a small parsley sprig.
- 8*I soaked mine for two-days (second day refrigerated) because I couldn't continue with the recipe due to a commitment. Didn't hurt the peas a bit.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marrowfat Pea Soup (Potage Saint-Germain)
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.1
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 923.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: