Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
When i don't want to cook but want to eat something yummy and comforting yet quick, i make this. It just comes together nicely. no cooking of a sauce or fiddling..and you can use any cheeses you like. I add some chopped seeded cherry tomatoes occasionally but my favorite is just hot pasta with fresh grated cheeses over it and pepper
- 8 ounces linguine or 8 ounces spaghetti or 8 ounces fusilli
- 1 -2 cup of grated cheese (cheddar, swiss, mozzarella, whatever you like)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 -6 cherry tomatoes, deseeded and chopped (optional)
- boil pasta until al dente or done to your liking in a pot of water with the garlic clove thrown inches.
- Drain in a colander, return to hot pan and add the cheeses. Over low heat just mix the hot pasta and cheese, grating in pepper until melted.
Very good and simple. Because of the cheese I used (a little mixture of a lot of different ones) I added just a splash of milk to get it all to blend together a little better.
Great lunch for us today. Made it with a combo of swiss and mozzeralla cheese. Excellent flavor, and also well enjoyed by the kids. Made for holiday Tag.
Comfort food for sure! As other reviewers have, I added a little olive oil to moisten the pasta. I also added cherry tomatoes and heated gently until the cherry tomatoes popped slightly and the juices poured out. Beautiful flavour! Thanks for a lovely recipe!