Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Inspired by lainey's Light Buttermilk Ranch Dressing I made my own giving it a citrus twist as well as other things. You can switch the lime for lemon, orange or tangerine as well. The lime not only gives it a wonderful flavor but also thickens the buttermilk further.
- 59.14 ml dried parsley
- 9.85 ml dried chives (or fresh)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46-4.92 ml garlic powder (i prefer the larger amount)
- 14.79 ml dried onion flakes
- 2.46 ml ground celery seed
- 1.23 ml herbes de provence (optional but i suggest leaving out the thyme if you choose this option)
- 1.23 ml dried thyme
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 59.14 ml finely chopped green onion
- 59.16 ml fat free sour cream (or thick yogurt)
- 177.44 ml 1% fat buttermilk
- 1 lime, juice of (to taste)
- lime zest (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Mix all dry base ingredients together and store in an air tight container.
- Whisk all wet ingredients together except the lime juice.
- Add 1 to 2 tbs of dry base to wet. Start with one and taste as you go.
- Add the lime juice a tsp at a time until you have the balance you like.
- Let dressing sit chilled in the fridge for at least an hour to let flavors meld.
This was good! I liked the mixture of herbs and skipped the thyme because I had Herbes de Provence. I think I would thicken it up a bit next time. I also think that if you let it sit longer, the dry ingredients would not feel so dry (if that makes sense!). Made for Everyday's a Holiday tag. Thanks! :)
This had a different taste to me and I"m assuming it's from the lime. A bit too bitter for my taste and so I added a few more twists of fresh black pepper and seasalt. I did omit the herbes de provence. All in all a good dressing that went well with my salad I have most nights. I do have some of the DryBase left and so once the liquid part is gone from what I made today, I"ll try this using the dry in just buttermilk and plain yogurt. This is just my personal preference as I like things to be a bit more sweet.:-) Made for HolidayTag.
I'm not usually much for creamy dressings, but THIS SALAD DRESSING IS REALLY NICE & VERY NICE TASTING! Used it first on a predominantly orange & jicama salad, but am looking forward to topping other salads with this dressing as well! Thanks for a great keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Stars tag]