Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this delicious Moroccan curry recipe on the Albertsons website, posted by Niblets. I took into account some of the reviews that stated some of the vegetables were uncooked and others were overcooked. So I worked with the recipe a bit, and think the order I cooked everything worked well because all of the vegetables were cooked evenly.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained (chickpeas)
- 1 medium eggplant, cubed
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sea salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ginger, freshly grated (I used ground, and it was OK)
- 1⁄4 cup blanched almond
- 10 ounces spinach
- cooked rice (optional) or couscous (optional) or quinoa (optional)
- Heat oil to a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add carrots and sweet potato and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add orange juice, raisins and chickpeas, and cook 10 minutes.
- Add eggplant, zucchini, both bell peppers, onion and garlic, and cook 10 minutes more.
- Add the turmeric, curry powder, cinnamon, sea salt, cayenne, ginger, almonds, and spinach to pot, and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve over cooked white rice, couscous or quinoa.
We were both raving about this dish! Accidentally, I forgot to add the spinach, but I think it didn't really affect the taste. As I'll DEFINITELY make this again, we'll have the chance to get the spinach next time ;-) I served it with brown rice and hard boiled eggs.<br/>Thanks so much for sharing this winner!<br/>Made for ZWT 9 / Morocco for The Apron String Travelers