Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
After responding to Pam's recipe request at Zaar, I found this on the 24hourmom.com website. It sounds delicious and I hope it was what Pam was looking for!!! I suspect that since Pam's was on a buffet, all the ingredients were just mixed together, not made into nests as this recipe calls for. I also guessed on the prep/cooking time.
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 1 lb tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoons milk
- salt and pepper
- parsley (to garnish)
- Peel and cut potatoes into small chunks Boil in salted water till fork tender Meanwhile, heat oil in a saucepan Add green onions and saute 30 seconds Add tomatoes and saute about 10 minutes or until moisture has evaporated Set aside.
- Drain potatoes and cool for just a bit.
- Turn on broiler Grease baking sheet Mash potatoes with 2 egg yolks, butter and milk.
- Season with salt and pepper Spoon potatoes onto pan into six little nests with indentions in the center.
- To make this fancy, use a pastry bag with a large star tip.
- Beat remaining egg with water and brush over potatoes.
- Broil 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spoon tomato mixture into potatoes, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
These were so pretty and tasty. I was worried they would be a bit bland so I added some herbs to the tomato mixture and some garlic. Make sure the tomato mixture isn't too liquidy or it will sog into the potatoes. Thanks!