Recipe by Charlotte J
Hot or cold, toasted, plain or buttered, this quick bread is sure to be a hit. From Sam Choy's Polynesian Kitchen (Marquesas Islands)
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mango puree
- 1⁄4 cup coconut, grated
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 limes, zest finely grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 325 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Add dry ingredients to a bowl, stir to mix well and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add 1 eggs at a times mixing well.
- Continue beating until mixture is very light.
- In a bowl mix the mango puree, coconut, sour cream and zest.
- Alternate dry and wet ingredients into butter mixture.
- Mix well as you scrape the sides.
- Beat until smooth.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake 50 minute or until toothpick poked in center of bread comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes then turn out onto a cooling rack.