Marmite is made from brewers yeast and is very concentrated. It has a salty taste that is so good! New Zealanders are said to favor Marmite over Vegemite. I like both! Enjoy! I adapted this recipe from a Marmite website. This is also a Brithsh recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 French bread, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon margarine (or butter-for each slice of bread)
- 1/2 tablespoon marmite (or Vegemite-for each slice of bread-more or less to taste)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna (in olive oil)
- 2 tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- fresh basil (to garnish, or use parsley or herb of choice)
- 1Slice the bread in 1/2" slices and place on baking sheet. Toast bread under broiler until just turning golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- 2Spread a little butter and marmite on the toasted bread slices and bake the bread and place under the broiler one more minute to heat.
- 3Drain the tuna and mash lightly. Set aside.
- 4Slice tomatoes and mix with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- 5To serve, place one slice of tomato on top of toast. Top with tuna mixture and place a leaf of basil(or herb of choice) over the tuna. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marmite Tuna Bruschetta
Serving Size: 1 (511 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1050.5
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 64.6 mg
- Sodium 1637.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 128.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 61.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: