Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a dish commonly available in Chinese restaurants here in Malaysia. I am posting this recipe so that my daughter could access it from Australia where she is studying. This dish goes best with rice and stir fried vegetables. Cooking time is approximate only. I am a bit of a slowpoke in the kitchen so others may dish this up much faster than me.
- 250 ml vegetable oil
- 500 g chicken thighs (cut into pieces)
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons marmite
- 1 tablespoon maltose
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 100 ml chicken stock
- Marinade chicken pieces with ingredients (A) for at least one hour.
- Deep fry chicken pieces until cooked. Remove and put aside.
- In a separate pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and add in ingredients (B). Cook on medium heat until thickens. Add in fried chicken pieces and mix well. Remove and serve immediately.
- Note: Marmite is a brand of yeast extract. Do not add more than required as it has a strong flavour.
This is just awesome! I've tried it twice and my friends loved it! :)