Adapted from the Fleischmann's site. Here's what they say, "This bread combines two of Britain's most characteristic ingredients, Marmite and sharp cheddar Cheese. Hearty in flavor, this bread is best served toasted accompanying a soup, or in making a sandwich on toast". There is about 90 minutes rising time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large bowl combine 1/2 cup fall pupose flour, 1/2 cup whole wheat flour salt, and yeast. Heat water until very warm (120º - 130º F) and dissolve Marmite and butter in it. Stir into the dry ingredients.
- 2Add enough of the remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until soft and elastic, about 8-10 minutes. Knead in the cheese.
- 3Cover; let rest on floured surface about 10 minutes.
- 4Punch down dough and roll into a 12 X 7 inch rectangle. Starting from the shorter end, roll up tightly like a jellyroll. Pinch the seams and ends to seal them. Place seam side down in an 8- X 4-inch loaf pan. Cover; let rise in a warm draft-free place until doubled in size, about 90 minutes.
- 5Brush the top lightly with milk. Bake on the middle shelf of a preheated 375º oven for 30-40 minutes or until the bread sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom crust. If the crust is browning too quickly, cover with aluminum foil until finished cooking.
- 6Remove from pan; let cool on wire rack. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marmite and Cheese Bread
Serving Size: 1 (624 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1470.1
- Calories from Fat 640
- Total Fat 71.1 g
- Saturated Fat 43.6 g
- Cholesterol 209.2 mg
- Sodium 3496.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 143.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.7 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 66.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: