1/1 Photo of Marmie's Wild Rice Pilaf With Mushrooms
1 hr 20 mins
After looking through several recipes, I still could not find a recipe for wild rice pilaf for which I had all ingredients on hand... I have attempted to make 'my rice' several times with varying results, I needed help!. Rice really is not my forte...sadly. So I took rice /water ratio from one recipe and the baking idea from another, added what I had on hand and the result is one I have got to post... I have created a rice recipe even I like..lol. I hope you do too!
My Private Note
lg serv ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red pepper, small and diced
- 1 green pepper, med and diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsley crushed
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, crimini, sliced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 3/4 cup wild rice
- 3/4 cup wild rice, Lundberg Country (a mixed variety)
- 1 liter vegetable broth
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon (Liquid OXO)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1Gently fry red and green peppers and red onion with garlic in butter untill almost cooked - 3-4 minute.
- 2Add Mushrooms cook until somewhat soft -- about 4 min depending on your heat setting.
- 3Add herbs and seasonings -- cook 1 more minute.
- 4Remove vegs from fry pan and set aside.
- 5Place rices in pan on med high heat (add olive oil if necessary) and "brown" lightly -- about 3 minute
- 6Add liquid and bring to boil.
- 7Place in baking dish (corell?) with tight lid.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minute.
- 9Check and remove from oven if cooked or leave to cook another 10 min if still watery. (can remove lid at own discression).
- 10When almost cooked completely, remove from oven and let sit 10 - 15 minute.
- 11Fluff with fork and serve.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marmie's Wild Rice Pilaf With Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.5
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 264.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: